· TYPE LOCALITY."Shanghai" [China].
· SYNONYMS: telamon Donovan, 1798, nom. praeoccup.
· RANGE. From central China to the Amur and Ussuri regions and Korea.
· DISTRIBUTION AND VARIATION. The nominate subspecies flies in the S. Ussuri region; further northerly, the ssp. amurensis (Staudinger, 1892) occurs, described from the Amur. Seasonal dimorphism is well-marked (gen. vern. telemachus Staudinger, 1892).
· HABITATS AND BIOLOGY. River valleys with aggregations of the host plant, Aristolochia. contorta. Flight periods: May-June and July-August in two generations. Eggs are laid in clutches on the lower leaf surface and on stems. Pupae hibernating on vine branches.
© "Russian insects"