• TYPE LOCALITY. «Amasia» [Turkey].
• SYNONYM: ammonia (Herrich-Schaffer, )
• RANGE. Armenia, Azerbaijan; Turkey, Iran.
• DISTRIBUTION AND VARIATION. Both Armenia and Azerbaijan (Nakhichevan) are populated by the nominotypical taxon.
• HABITATS AND BIOLOGY. Flood plains and near streams. Females occurring in tree crowns, males often on puddles and dung. Flight period: June to August, in two generations. Host plant in Turkey (Staudinger, 1878): Celtis tournefortii (not Salix spp., as erroneously referred to by Hesselbarth et al., 1995). In Transcaucasia, egg-laying solitarily on leaves of Celtis glabrata. Starting from the first instar, larvae living in a common nest. Pupa hanging on the leaf petiole, often inside the nest. Hibernation pupal (Dantchenko, pers. comm.).
© "Russian insects"