Athymodes nycteis Menetries, 1859
• TYPE LOCALITY. «... 1'embouchure de Foussoum [Ussuri region].
• SYNONYM: cassiope (Menetries, 1859).
• RANGE. Amur and Ussuri regions; NE. China, Korea.
• DISTRIBUTION AND VARIATION. The Amur and Ussuri regions are populated by the nominotypical subspecies.
• HABITATS AND BIOLOGY. Primary and secondary deciduous forests with admixture of elm. Flight period: July to August. Host plant in the Ussuri region (Dantchenko & Nikolaevsky, in press): Ulmus pumila. Hibernation as instar 3 larvae.
© "Russian insects"