· TYPE LOCALITY."...bei Kutals" [Kutaisi, Georgla].
· SYNONYMS: fkatschukovi Sheljuzhko, 1927; cachetica Sheljuzhko, 1927.
· RANGE. Black Sea coastal regions of the Caucasus and NE. Turkey.
· DISTRIBUTION AND VARIATION. The nominate subspecies is locally distributed in the western parts of the Caucasus Major and Minor.
· HABITATS AND BIOLOGY. Oak, beech and hornbeam forests from sea-level to 1,800 In a.s.l. Flight period: April-June. Males flying along forest edges and clearings, while females prefer shady canyons where the host plant, Aristolochia iberica, grows. Pupa hibernating.
© "Russian insects"