Polytremis pellucida (Murray, 1875)
• TYPE LOCALITY. Japan.
• SYNONYMS: quinquepuncta Mabille, 1883; sachalinensis Matsumura, 1925.
• RANGE. Confined to E. Asia.
• DISTRIBUTION AND VARIATION. The S. Amur and Ussuri regions, Sakhalin and the Kuril Islands, all populated by the nominate subspecies.
• HABITATS AND BIOLOGY. Forest edges, sea-shore meadows and other open grassy habitats. Flight period: end of July-August. Phragmites, Sasa (Poaceae) have been recorded as host plants (Gorbunov, Korshunov, 1995).
• SIMILAR SPECIES. P. zina: wings narrower and apex acute, lower spot in FW cell large and displaced basad.
Photo and text: Guide to the BUTTERFLIES OF RUSSIA and adjacent territories Volume 1. PENSOFT, Sofia - Moscow. 1997